Governors' Information and Duties
Sudbourne is extremely lucky to have an active and supportive Governing Body.
Governors work in partnership with the School Leadership Team and other school staff to promote high standards of educational achievement and to drive the strategic direction of the school.
The Governing Body's has a strong focus on three core strategic functions:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction
- Holding the Leadership Team to account for the educational performance of the school and its pupils and the performance management of staff
- Overseeing the financial management of the school and making sure its money is well spent
Governing bodies are made up of key stakeholders. Our governing body consists of:
- 7 co-opted governors (appointed by the governing body)
- 3 parent governors (elected by parents/carers at the school
- 1 Local Authority governor (appointed by the local authority)
- 1 Headteacher (ex-officio by virtue of post)
- 1 Staff governor (elected by school staff)
Being a governor enables individuals from the LA, school staff, community and parent body to play an important role in shaping the future of the school.
The full governing body at least once each half-term throughout the academic year. The governing body holds two additional scheduled meetings every year; a business meeting at the start of the academic year and a strategy day in the last half-term of the year.