Secondary School Transition
Applying for Secondary School 2024/2025
If your child was born between 1 September 2012 and 31 August 2013, or is in year 6 for the 2023-2024 school year, you must apply for a secondary school place for September 2024.
The deadline for on-time applications is Monday 31st October 2023.
Secondary National Offer Day is Wednesday 1st March 2024.
For more information, please visit: Lambeth School Admissions
Children at Sudbourne Primary transfer to a range of secondary schools - some in Lambeth, and some in other London boroughs.
In the Autumn term, Year 6 parents are invited to a secondary transfer meeting at the school. The process is explained in full and Secondary school brochures are available for parents to view.
Transitioning from Primary to Secondary school is a time of excitement and anxiety for both children and parents. So here are some helpful tips to support the change from Year 6 to Year 7!
- • Remind them to never be afraid to ask for help, or talk to someone they trust, like you or their tutor if they’re concerned about anything.
• Prompt them to find out what their timetable is, what time they need to be at school, and what time they can go home.
- • Support your child to be organised. Get them to pack their bag, pencil case, etc the night before so they don't have to worry in the morning.
- • First impressions last a long time, so make sure theirs are good ones – for organisation, presentation, and behaviour!
- • Suggest they make the first effort to make new friends.
- • Encourage them to make the most of all the new opportunities. They will have the chance to try out new clubs and activities.
- • Make sure they know what uniform they need, and what to bring in for sport.
- • Encourage them to enjoy it! Making new friends and learning new things is exciting.
- • Remind them that everyone else is in the same boat....