Secondary School Admission
Children born between 1 September 2007 and 31 August 2008 or taught as a Year 6 child in the 2018/19 academic year will be eligible to start secondary school in September 2019.
Before applying to a Secondary School you are advised to:
- Please read carefully the admissions criteria for the schools that you are interested in.
- You should contact individual schools directly for specific information and request a copy of the school’s own prospectus.
- Before making your application, try to attend open days/evenings to speak to staff and form your own opinion of the school’s suitability for your child. The London-wide application system means that wherever you live, you can apply for a secondary school place in up to six schools using one single form from your council. Lambeth residents are advised to apply online at http://www.lambeth.gov.uk or if you are unable to apply online, complete a paper Common Application Form, which are available from Lambeth Customer Service Centre, Olive Morris House, 18 Brixton Hill, London SW2 1RD.
- Once you have submitted your application you will be issued with a unique reference number similar to 208-2014-09-E-001234, which will be proof that your application has been received.
- The online system is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, up until midnight on the 31st October. However, you are encouraged to submit your application no later than 24th October, to allow sufficient time for checking.
If you would like any additional information please feel free to talk to your child’s teacher. Alternatively you may prefer to contact the Lambeth School Admissions Team on: 020 7926 9503 or visit the website at www.lambeth.gov.uk/eadmissions
NB: If you live in a different borough to Lambeth, please apply using your home borough's Common Application Form, even if you are applying for a Lambeth school.
Some schools require a supplementary information form. For details of which Lambeth schools require these, please see the schools pages in the secondary schools in the Lambeth booklet. You can download the required supplementary information forms and other needed forms (eg, clergy or bursary) on the Lambeth Secondary schools supplementary information forms 2018/19 page.
These forms must be completed and sent to the schools applied for directly before their set deadline.
All Year 6 pupils at Sudbourne are prepared for secondary school banding tests. However we are aware that some parents/carers of our Years 5 and 6 children will also be considering applying for selective secondary schools. If you would be interested in your child attending an after school club where they could receive specialist tuition to support with this, please let the school office staff know, or email us at email@example.com.
RE WANDSWORTH SECONDARY SCHOOL PROCESS
Please find attached key information relating to the secondary transfer process to Wandsworth secondary schools, in particular relating to the timing of the Wandsworth Year 6 Admissions Test, which has moved to September, and specialist aptitude tests. These were introduced for 2017 entry.
See a lovely poem written by two of our Year 6 leavers 2016 about leaving Sudbourne and transferring to secondary school.