Sudbourne Primary School understands the importance of supporting pupils to develop the skills and attitudes that will allow them to participate fully in, and contribute positively to, life in modern Britain.
The Subourne British Values Policy sets out the framework in which the school will ensure that it actively promotes the fundamental British values of:
- The rule of law.
- Individual liberty.
- Mutual respect and tolerance of those with different faiths and beliefs.
These values are officially taught throughout the curriculum; however, the school recognises the importance of integrating the teaching of these values throughout all aspects of pupils’ educational life, including through:
- Extra-curricular activities.
- Wider opportunities, e.g. educational visits and work experience.
- Literature available at the school.
- The promotion of spiritual, moral, social and cultural (SMSC) understanding.
Please review the Policy for full details.