Mental health is a term used to describe emotional, psychological, and social well-being. The quality of a person's mental health is often measured by how adaptively they can cope with everyday stressors.
At school the children have access to several different programmes and professionals
Whole School Level
- PSHE sessions
- Well Being Events i.e. mental health week
- Assemblies promoting the schools core values
- Zones of regulations
- Trauma informed practices
- Inclusive school vision
- Restorative techniques and relationship focus
Interventions for additional support
- ELSA –Emotional Literacy Support Assistance
- Social skills group
- Soft Start and Fantastic Finish
- Drama Therapy
- Movement breaks
- Space to work away from the classroom
As parents, it can be hard to manage the struggles of life and you may require support. Please see below a list of available resources to support your family.
A new self-referral mental health & well-being support service which has been made freely available to all adults to use in Lambeth. Click here to find out more.
Is an online mental wellbeing community for young people aged 10-25. Click here for more information.
National Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children
This website has support for parents on a variety of topics such as dealing with tantrums, managing own mental health, managing divorce as a family etc
Lambeth Together is a partnership of the voluntary and community sector, the NHS, Lambeth Council, and others, focused on improving health and wellbeing and reducing inequalities for people in Lambeth through an integrated health and care system
CAMHS stands for Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services.
CAMHS is the name for the NHS services that assess and treat young people with emotional, behavioural or mental health difficulties.
A referral completed by the parent, school or GP is needed to access this service
- Has lots of practical advice and tips on supporting your child - from how to encourage your child to open up about their feelings to dealing with mental health services.