Secondary School Admission
In September and October, you will need to make an important decision about which secondary schools you want to apply for your child who is now in year 6.
The deadline for Secondary School applications is 31 October 2020.
- We urge you to complete the application online as soon as possible.
- If you need help in completing the form, please contact Sudbourne school and we will try to help you.
- You will need proof of address and proof of date of birth to complete the form.
- It can take a long time to complete – so we suggest you try to subnit your application a week before the deadline - in case you need help with any part of the application.
The easiest place to find more detailed information about Lambeth schools, school open days and how to apply online is here: https://www.lambeth.gov.uk/eadmissions
Also - do look at the presentation produced by Lambeth - see documents section. It's very clear and helpful.
IMPORTANT STEPS TO TAKE
1. Read the booklet from Lambeth sent home earlier this term.
2. Visit this website:
It has all the information you will need about making the application.
3. Find out about potential schools:
- ask them for their prospectus
- visit their website
- attend online/virtual ‘open days’ – they should be advertised on their webpage or you could call them/check the Lambeth booklet.
4. Check the Admissions Criteria for the school – does your child meet these criteria? If not, then don’t apply to that school.
5. Check if the school has Supplementary Information Formsthat they require you to complete in addition to the Common Application Form. Sometimes these forms need to be sent to the school BEFORE the deadline of 31 October. Check carefully.
6. Check if the school(s) you are applying to hold Admissions Tests. Some schools do, some schools don’t. Check the booklet from Lambeth which will tell you if the school does use admissions tests. You MUST complete the Secondary Information Form(see pt 5 above) and submit it before the school’s deadline to get a place for your child to sit the Lambeth Ability Banding Test used by some Lambeth schools – which will be held on Saturday 14 November. Some other schools, will hold their own testing arrangements – check the booklet for more information.
7. Check you have the important proof of address and proof of date of birth This website will tell you what documents are accepted:
8. Apply online via your HOME borough. E.g. if you live in Lambeth, you need to complete the Lambeth Common Application Form. If you live in Southwark, you need to complete the Southwark Common Application Form.
NB: MAKE A NOTE OF YOUR LOGIN/PASSWORD DETAILS FOR YOUR APPLICATION FORM. You will need to keep this if you want to access your application at a later date.
9. List the schools you want to apply for (up to a maximum of 6).
10. COMPLETE YOUR APPLICATION BEFORE THE DEADLINE OF SATURDSAY 31 OCTOBER. You will receive an automatic email to confirm receipt of your application.
If you need help in completing this application, please contact Sudbourne school and we will be more than happy to help you out.
Information from our Secondary Schools: Open School Events.
Lambeth are producing a document SECONDARY SCHOOL OPEN EVENTS - see below - which they will update regularly, with information from Lambeth Secondary Schools about their Open School Events.
Please do read this document - it will be updated regularly, if schools have to make changes to their arrangements, in light of COVID 19 responses.